National and International Resume
Your resume is a selling tool that outlines your skills and experiences that an employer can briefly look over and understand how you can contribute to the employer's company and culture. Studies have shown that recruiters look at your resume for six to eight seconds to make the right impression.
I have lived in different countries such as Austria, Northern Ireland, Mexico, Switzerland, and Canada. This sounds exciting, however I always needed to customize my resume and format my cover letter based on specific rules of the country where I applied for a job. For example: do I put personal data such as date of birth, marital status, birthplace, number of children, gender, an identification number as well as a photograph, visa status, religious belief? What type of contact information is accepted?
Depending on the country, you need to do your research on what information should be on your resume: introducing yourself, highlights, technical skills, education, work experience, volunteer work, certifications, memberships, achievements, awards, recognition, or training.
Language: A resume should be in English, as it’s considered the most widely spoken language. Even if you are fluent in more languages, stick to English for international job applications. You can indicate your language skills in your resume.
Employment gaps: One of the most common resume red flags is an unexplained lengthy employment gap between previous roles.
Layout: Find a format that you like, however a simple format is best unless you are applying to a marketing or a design/creative opportunity. A simple, easy to read resume with all of the necessary information is preferred. If you apply within the European Union there is a strict resume format, it is called the “Europass European Union”
Rule of thumb: Always be transparent on your resume and keep it short and precise.
- Graduate Level (High School, Bachelor, Master, under 2 years work experience)
- Professional Level (overall 2 - 7 years work experience)
- Management Level (supervisor, department manager; overall 8 - 15 years work experience)
- Executive Level (general managers, directors, business owners; overall 15+ years work experience)
There are four basic resume types:
After a conversation with you, we will figure out which resume type will best suit your targeted job.
Services included for Resume Writing
- Custom resume unique to your skills and career goals.
- Two (2) resume designs.
- Cover letter for one target job title.
- Employers are 40% more likely to read a resume with a cover letter even though it is a short one.
- Keyword-rich to match job postings.
- Optimized resume and cover letter to pass recruiters’ screening software.
- The first draft will be delivered within 24 hours.
- We will customize your application to any parameters.
The following language are supported: English, German, and French